* end of buffer?
@ 2001-06-06  6:52 Maciej Matysiak
From: Maciej Matysiak @ 2001-06-06  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,

when viewing the attached message, i got 'end of buffer' error. the message
is viewed with full headers, starting at 'date:'. any idea what can cause
this (too long 'received:' line?)?

[-- Attachment #2: strange message --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 3543 bytes --]

Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 17:47:32 -0400
To: dns@list.cr.yp.to
From: Seb Barre <seb@carbonbased.ca>
Subject: problem with zone transfers and AXFRDNS

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me here.  I've read the docs, the FAQ=
=20
and searched the list archive on this, but I can't seem to find a=20
definitive answer or explanation.

I'm trying to allow slaved secondary DNS servers to request zone transfers=
=20
from my system for several domains I host.

Apologies if I don't provide enough info here, I'll do my best to follow up=
=20
with additional info if anyone is willing to help me out.

I've got the axfrdns process running through tcpserver as follows (from ps=
=20
-ax):

 > tcpserver -vDRHl0 -x tcp.cdb -- 64.39.183.5 53 /usr/local/bin/axfrdns

This was set up using the axfrdns-conf program.  My tcp file looks like=
 this:

 > 205.166.226.38:allow
 > 64.174.110.37:allow
 > :deny

which is something recent, previously I had a line for each domain and each=
=20
IP.  I changed this after reading someone's post on the list about allowing=
=20
zone transfers for any domains from a given IP.  But it didn't change=
 anything

In the axfrdns/log/main/current file, I get the following:

@400000003b1a1b9211172cec tcpserver: pid 9270 from 205.166.226.38
@400000003b1a1b92111b7a7c tcpserver: ok 9270 0:64.5.252.62:53=20
:205.166.226.38::3474
@400000003b1a1b9211605764 cda6e226:0d92:a006 0006 funderbelly.com
@400000003b1a1b921ec0e2fc cda6e226:0d92:a007 00fc funderbelly.com
@400000003b1a1b921ec1776c axfrdns: fatal: disallowed zone transfer request
@400000003b1a1b921ec77694 tcpserver: end 9270 status 28416

For starters I don't know how to interpret these log readings, but it looks=
=20
to me as if it's denying the zone transfer requests from the=20
secondaries.  That domain in the logs is one of several I host, but it's=20
the same thing for each one, and I have similar log entries for each domain=
=20
I host.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

S=E9bastien Barre
seb@carbonbased.ca
http://www.carbonbased.ca/

 m.m.
--
 use gnus not guns!

* Re: end of buffer?
@ 2001-07-06 22:12 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-07-06 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Maciej Matysiak <phoner@blah.pl> writes:

> hi,
>
> when viewing the attached message, i got 'end of buffer' error. the message
> is viewed with full headers, starting at 'date:'. any idea what can cause
> this (too long 'received:' line?)?

Try M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET to get a better error message.

Earlier flow-fill.el's exhibited this problem, but I wasn't able to
reproduce it using your article and the current flow-fill.el so maybe
it disappeared.