From: Simon Josefsson <jas@pdc.kth.se>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Moving articles with IMAP
Date: 07 Nov 1999 23:08:22 +0100	[thread overview]

Denys Duchier <Denys.Duchier@ps.uni-sb.de> writes:

> Here I am again, going bump in the night.

Thanks for still being with us. :-)

> I just tried moving a message from one IMAP folder to another using
> `B m'.  This didn't work.  I got a message that said that the
> message (identified by number) could not be moved.

What was the exact error message? Did it contain a reason?  Nnimap
uses `nnheader-report' to report IMAP server errors.

> Then a new bogus server was created for the group into which I had
> tried to move the message, and that group could no longer be
> selected.

I think it's best to solve this bogus server problem first, it might
be the cause of the other problems you're having.

> I got an error message that said "this should not happen".  That
> sounds like the imap dwarf that dwells in gnus is being very unhappy
> about his circumstances.  What's bugging the little guy?

I've fixed it in pGnus CVS (changelog below). I think the check
whether the error should be signaled or not was wrong.

> Also, why is it that I have these large and ever increasing buffers
> called *nnimap-debug* and *imap-log*?

Debug stuff, I've disabled it. When trying to debug the article move
problem, it might be a good idea to set `imap-log' to "*imap-log*" (or
something) to re-enable it.

1999-11-07  Simon Josefsson  <jas@pdc.kth.se>

	* nnimap.el (nnimap-open-server): Remove error signal if
	nnimap-server-buffer is nil (the check should've been `boundp').

	* imap.el (imap-log):
	* nnimap.el (nnimap-debug): Disable debugging by default.