* C-c C-f and MIME
@ 2001-08-15 13:17 Simon Josefsson
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-08-15 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to forward a message inline as text, without any MIME at all. How?

C-u 1 C-c C-f below seem to be what I want, but if the article I'm
forwarding contains multiparts, some mml code is inserted and the
resulting mail will contain multiparts.  I can't find any combination of
prefix args or `message-forward-as-mime', `message-forward-show-mml'
settings that does what I want. Is it a bug in ARG 1 or do we really want
yet another prefix arg to C-c C-f to forward decoded articles without
MIME?

C-c C-f runs the command gnus-summary-mail-forward
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-msg'.
(gnus-summary-mail-forward &optional ARG POST)

Forward the current message to another user.
If ARG is nil, see `message-forward-as-mime' and
`message-forward-show-mml';
if ARG is 1, decode the message and forward directly inline;
if ARG is 2, forward message as an rfc822 MIME section;
if ARG is 3, decode message and forward as an rfc822 MIME section;
if ARG is 4, forward message directly inline;
otherwise, use flipped `message-forward-as-mime'.
If POST, post instead of mail.