From: Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: agent/imap offline reading
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:28:47 +0200	[thread overview]

Danny Siu <dsiu@adobe.com> writes:

> The recent agent/cache unification really speeds up the IMAP mail reading
> experience!  Kudos to Simon and folks!
>
> With that, I was trying to use agent for the very first time.  I have
> agentized my imap mail sources ('J a' in server buffer), created a 'all'
> catagory ('J c') with predicate set to 'true', and have added groups ('J a'
> in group buffer) that I want to do offline reading to the 'all' catagory.
>
> However, when I am in offline mode, entering groups that belongs to 'all'
> catagory still shows articles marked with '@', even after I do 'J s' or 'J
> u'.  Anyone know why is that?
>
> From reading the Agent section of the manual, I thought catagory with 'true'
> as predicate would always download all articles for offline reading.  Does it
> have to do with the fact that my groups are IMAP groups?

Was the article already marked as read?

The agent currently has some hard coded default to not download
already read articles.  I wrote a patch long time ago (posted here)
that added a `read' Agent predicate to fix this, but that isn't
backwards compatible and means everyone has to change agent
predicates, which isn't good, so I'm not sure if it can be added.