From: Denys Duchier <Denys.Duchier@ps.uni-sb.de>
Subject: Moving articles with IMAP
Date: 07 Nov 1999 22:26:48 +0100	[thread overview]

Here I am again, going bump in the night.  I just tried moving a
message from one IMAP folder to another using `B m'.  This didn't
work.  I got a message that said that the message (identified by
number) could not be moved.  Then a new bogus server was created for
the group into which I had tried to move the message, and that group
could no longer be selected.  I got an error message that said "this
should not happen".  That sounds like the imap dwarf that dwells in
gnus is being very unhappy about his circumstances.  What's bugging
the little guy? Exiting gnus and emacs and restarting seemed to
restore his normally jovial disposition.

Ok, so how do I move a message from one imap folder to another while
keeping the imap dwarf happily going hippity hop?

Also, why is it that I have these large and ever increasing buffers
called *nnimap-debug* and *imap-log*?  I can imagine that these could
be useful to our much beloved imap mechanics, but I'm just the driver,
and I stay at the wheel for, like, decades at a time.  I don't want my
emacs-mobile to undergo gravitational collapse, especially while I'm
sitting in it.

Cheers,

--
Dr. Denys Duchier			Denys.Duchier@ps.uni-sb.de
Forschungsbereich Programmiersysteme	(Programming Systems Lab)