* No "From so-and-so" in ChangeLog
@ 2006-02-28 19:12 Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-02-28 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Simon Josefsson, Teodor Zlatanov

Hi,

while fixing the ChangeLogs WRT "(tiny change)" and "From
so-and-so"[1], in the trunk and v5-10, I came across the following
entries:

,----
| -2005-05-31  Simon Josefsson  <jas@extundo.com>
| +2005-05-31  Ulf Stegemann <ulf@zeitform.de>  (tiny change)
|
|  	* smime.el (smime-cert-by-ldap-1): Don't use
| -	replace-regexp-in-string, tiny patch from Ulf Stegemann
| -	<ulf@zeitform.de>.
| +	replace-regexp-in-string.
`----

This change is missing in v5-10.  Simon, could you please install it
in v5-10 if appropriate?

,----
| 2004-05-27  Teodor Zlatanov  <tzz@lifelogs.com>
|
| 	* assistant.el (assistant-render-text): trying to add a :set
| 	widget, more to come...
|
| 	* spam.el (spam-group-spam-contents-p): handle empty groupname
| 	strings
| 	(spam-report-articles-resend)
| 	(spam-report-resend-register-routine): allow spam-report-resend-to
| 	to be a group parameter or a global value
| 	(tiny change).  From Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net>.
| 	(spam-register-routine): do registration iff any articles warrant
| 	it.
| 	(spam-summary-prepare-exit): changed log message for nil group
| 	destinations
`----

Ted, I'm not sure which change is from Daniel Pittman.  Could you
please fix this?  Please make it a new entry attributed to Daniel.
For Daniel Pittman we can omit the "(tiny change)" because he has
signed papers for Gnus in 2001.

The following changes are missing in v5-10.  Ted, unless you'll go for
a full sync of the spam handling from the trunk to v5-10, you might
want to install these changes in v5-10.

,----
| @@ -5383,7 +5385,7 @@
|  	(spam-mark-new-messages-in-spam-group-as-spam): allow user to
|  	disable assigning the spam-mark to new messages
|
| -2004-05-26  Adam Sjøgren  <asjo@koldfront.dk> (tiny change)
| +2004-05-26  Adam Sjøgren  <asjo@koldfront.dk>  (tiny change)
|
|  	(spam-ham-copy-or-move-routine): todo decleared twice
|
| @@ -5395,10 +5397,10 @@
|  	(rfc2047-decode): Treat the ascii coding-system as raw-text by
|  	default.
|
| -2004-05-25  Teodor Zlatanov  <tzz@lifelogs.com>
| +2004-05-25  Anand Mitra <mitramc@yahoo.com>  (tiny change)
|
|  	* gnus-sum.el (gnus-summary-delete-article): invoke hook with
| -	correct data (tiny change).  From Anand Mitra <mitramc@yahoo.com>.
| +	correct data.
|
|  2004-05-24  Teodor Zlatanov  <tzz@lifelogs.com>

`----

Bye, Reiner.

[1]
,----[ http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/31720 ]

`----
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: No "From so-and-so" in ChangeLog
@ 2006-03-03  9:28 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2006-03-03  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi,
>
> while fixing the ChangeLogs WRT "(tiny change)" and "From
> so-and-so"[1], in the trunk and v5-10, I came across the following
> entries:
>
> ,----
> | -2005-05-31  Simon Josefsson  <jas@extundo.com>
> | +2005-05-31  Ulf Stegemann <ulf@zeitform.de>  (tiny change)
> |
> |  	* smime.el (smime-cert-by-ldap-1): Don't use
> | -	replace-regexp-in-string, tiny patch from Ulf Stegemann
> | -	<ulf@zeitform.de>.
> | +	replace-regexp-in-string.
> `----
>
> This change is missing in v5-10.  Simon, could you please install it
> in v5-10 if appropriate?

v5-10 doesn't support LDAP retrieval at all, so it isn't applicable.

It would be useful to backport the LDAP support, but there are some
password.el issues that make this sufficiently time-consuming so that
I can't work on it.  Patches welcome.

* Re: No "From so-and-so" in ChangeLog
@ 2006-03-20 19:25 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2006-03-20 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Daniel Pittman

On 28 Feb 2006, reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc wrote:

>> 2004-05-27  Teodor Zlatanov  <tzz@lifelogs.com>
>>
>> 	* assistant.el (assistant-render-text): trying to add a :set
>> 	widget, more to come...
>>
>> 	* spam.el (spam-group-spam-contents-p): handle empty groupname
>> 	strings
>> 	(spam-report-articles-resend)
>> (spam-report-resend-register-routine): allow spam-report-resend-to
>> 	to be a group parameter or a global value
>> 	(tiny change).  From Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net>.
>> (spam-register-routine): do registration iff any articles warrant
>> 	it.
>> 	(spam-summary-prepare-exit): changed log message for nil group
>> 	destinations
> `----
>
> Ted, I'm not sure which change is from Daniel Pittman.  Could you
> please fix this?  Please make it a new entry attributed to Daniel.
> For Daniel Pittman we can omit the "(tiny change)" because he has
> signed papers for Gnus in 2001.

I think Daniel should be the primary for only this change:

>> (spam-report-resend-register-routine): allow spam-report-resend-to
>> to be a group parameter or a global value (tiny change).  From
>> Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net>.

And I'll make that fix tomorrow.  Daniel, please let me know if that's
not OK.

> The following changes are missing in v5-10.  Ted, unless you'll go for
> a full sync of the spam handling from the trunk to v5-10, you might
> want to install these changes in v5-10.
>
> ,----
>> 	(spam-mark-new-messages-in-spam-group-as-spam): allow user to
>> 	disable assigning the spam-mark to new messages
>>
>> -2004-05-26  Adam Sjøgren  <asjo@koldfront.dk> (tiny change)
>> +2004-05-26  Adam Sjøgren  <asjo@koldfront.dk>  (tiny change)
>>
>> 	(spam-ham-copy-or-move-routine): todo decleared twice

>> 	(rfc2047-decode): Treat the ascii coding-system as raw-text by
>> 	default.
>>
>> -2004-05-25  Teodor Zlatanov  <tzz@lifelogs.com>
>> +2004-05-25  Anand Mitra <mitramc@yahoo.com>  (tiny change)
>>
>> 	* gnus-sum.el (gnus-summary-delete-article): invoke hook with
>> - correct data (tiny change).  From Anand Mitra <mitramc@yahoo.com>.
>> +	correct data.
>>
>> 2004-05-24  Teodor Zlatanov  <tzz@lifelogs.com>

I'll work on the sync.  I was swamped with work unexpectedly, but this
week I should have the time to do it.  I'll follow up to the thread we
started earlier.  Sorry for the delay.

Ted

* Re: No "From so-and-so" in ChangeLog
@ 2006-03-20 21:38   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2006-03-20 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20 Mar 2006, tzz@lifelogs.com wrote:

On 28 Feb 2006, reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc wrote:
>> The following changes are missing in v5-10.  Ted, unless you'll go for
>> a full sync of the spam handling from the trunk to v5-10, you might
>> want to install these changes in v5-10.
>>
>> ,----
>>> 	(spam-mark-new-messages-in-spam-group-as-spam): allow user to
>>> 	disable assigning the spam-mark to new messages
>>>
>>> -2004-05-26  Adam Sjøgren  <asjo@koldfront.dk> (tiny change)
>>> +2004-05-26  Adam Sjøgren  <asjo@koldfront.dk>  (tiny change)
>>>
>>> 	(spam-ham-copy-or-move-routine): todo decleared twice

>>> 	(rfc2047-decode): Treat the ascii coding-system as raw-text by
>>> 	default.
>>>
>>> -2004-05-25  Teodor Zlatanov  <tzz@lifelogs.com>
>>> +2004-05-25  Anand Mitra <mitramc@yahoo.com>  (tiny change)
>>>
>>> 	* gnus-sum.el (gnus-summary-delete-article): invoke hook with
>>> - correct data (tiny change).  From Anand Mitra <mitramc@yahoo.com>.
>>> +	correct data.
>>>
>>> 2004-05-24  Teodor Zlatanov  <tzz@lifelogs.com>

Thinking about it, I realized that I would hold up the release to
introduce new features - that's a bad idea, so I will let this release
go and bring the new spam.el and new manual in with the next release.
I hope that's OK with everyone - I just don't want to make everyone's
life harder :)

I installed these two changes:

2004-05-26  Teodor Zlatanov  <tzz@lifelogs.com>

	* spam.el (spam-mark-junk-as-spam-routine)
	(spam-mark-new-messages-in-spam-group-as-spam): allow user to
	disable assigning the spam-mark to new messages

2004-05-26  Adam Sjøgren  <asjo@koldfront.dk>  (tiny change)

	(spam-ham-copy-or-move-routine): todo decleared twice

I'm not sure if there are any others in your list, sorry.

I added Adam's change to the ChangeLog under his name, but the actual
commit message

(spam-ham-copy-or-move-routine): todo declared twice

is attached to my commit message.

Ted

* Re: No "From so-and-so" in ChangeLog
@ 2006-03-21  0:57   ` Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2006-03-21  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Ted Zlatanov" <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
> On 28 Feb 2006, reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc wrote:
>>> 2004-05-27  Teodor Zlatanov  <tzz@lifelogs.com>

[...]

> I think Daniel should be the primary for only this change:
>
>>> (spam-report-resend-register-routine): allow spam-report-resend-to
>>> to be a group parameter or a global value (tiny change).  From
>>> Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net>.
>
> And I'll make that fix tomorrow.  Daniel, please let me know if that's
> not OK.

No, that is correct - my change really was tiny, and to that specific
bit of code. :)
    Daniel
--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707	   email: contact@digital-infrastructure.com.au

* Re: No "From so-and-so" in ChangeLog
@ 2006-03-21 15:28     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2006-03-21 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 20 Mar 2006, daniel@rimspace.net wrote:

> [...]
>
>> I think Daniel should be the primary for only this change:

>> And I'll make that fix tomorrow.  Daniel, please let me know if that's
>> not OK.
>
> No, that is correct - my change really was tiny, and to that specific
> bit of code. :)

OK, I made the change.

Ted