* Keeping my own address out of wide replies.
@ 1999-08-25 13:44 Lloyd Zusman
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 1999-08-25 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I seem to remember having seen something about this somewhere in the
info documentation some time in the past, but now I can't find it:

Is there a method that already exists in pgnus which I can use to cause
my own email address to not appear in the `To:' line of wide replies?

Thanks in advance for any pointers to functions or info documentation
that could help me.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com

* Re: Keeping my own address out of wide replies.
@ 1999-08-25 14:00 ` Toni Drabik
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Toni Drabik @ 1999-08-25 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com> writes:

> I seem to remember having seen something about this somewhere in the
> info documentation some time in the past, but now I can't find it:
>
> Is there a method that already exists in pgnus which I can use to cause
> my own email address to not appear in the `To:' line of wide replies?

I think that Kai explained that yeasterday:

--
Toni Drabik <tdrabik@public.srce.hr>
Warning: This article may be fatal if swallowed.

* Re: Keeping my own address out of wide replies.
@ 1999-08-25 14:05 ` Tibor Simko
From: Tibor Simko @ 1999-08-25 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    LZ> Is there a method that already exists in pgnus which I can use
    LZ> to cause my own email address to not appear in the `To:' line
    LZ> of wide replies?

(setq rmail-dont-reply-to-names "ljz@asfast\.com")

-TS

* Re: Keeping my own address out of wide replies.
@ 1999-08-25 14:07 ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1999-08-25 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com> writes:

> I seem to remember having seen something about this somewhere in the
> info documentation some time in the past, but now I can't find it:
>
> Is there a method that already exists in pgnus which I can use to
> cause my own email address to not appear in the `To:' line of wide
> replies?

See `rmail-dont-reply-to-names'.  Toni Drabik has recently asked a
related question.

* Re: Keeping my own address out of wide replies.
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1999-08-25 14:11 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-08-25 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

rmail-dont-reply-to-names is the variable to frob.
kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.

* Re: Keeping my own address out of wide replies.
@ 1999-08-25 14:12   ` Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 1999-08-25 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> writes:

> Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com> writes:
>
> > I seem to remember having seen something about this somewhere in the
> > info documentation some time in the past, but now I can't find it:
> >
> > Is there a method that already exists in pgnus which I can use to
> > cause my own email address to not appear in the `To:' line of wide
> > replies?
>
> See `rmail-dont-reply-to-names'.  Toni Drabik has recently asked a
> related question.

Thanks to all of you.  I seem to have missed the related question.

--

@ 1999-08-26 11:05   ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 1999-08-26 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tibor Simko <tibor.simko@cern.ch> writes:

|>     LZ> Is there a method that already exists in pgnus which I can use
|>     LZ> to cause my own email address to not appear in the `To:' line
|>     LZ> of wide replies?
|>
|> (setq rmail-dont-reply-to-names "ljz@asfast\.com")

You want to quote the backslash so that it's not ignored:

(setq rmail-dont-reply-to-names "ljz@asfast\\.com")

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
schwab@suse.de                                   completely different."