* No Gnus t-shirt progressing
@ 2012-03-14  1:25 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-03-14  1:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I've actually made some progress on the No Gnus t-shirt.  I was going to
do it last year, but it kinda sorta makes more sense to have it coincide
with the Emacs 24 release, since that has the released version of No
Gnus.

Anyway, the two bits I want to have on the front of the shirt is a
lightning printed in silver ink, and the Gnus logo in a different
colour:

[-- Attachment #2: front.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 2030 bytes --]

It'll be a black shirt.  I haven't decided on the Gnus logo colour, or
where to place the logo exactly, but it might end up looking something
like that image above.  Probably not, though.

The back will say "No Gnus is good news", somehow, but no matter how I
arrange the words, it looks kinda odd.  But I'm thinking something along
these lines:

[-- Attachment #4: back2.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 3583 bytes --]

* Re: No Gnus t-shirt progressing
@ 2012-03-14  1:44 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-03-14  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I haven't decided on the Gnus logo colour, or where to place the logo
> exactly, but it might end up looking something like that image above.

This is more scary:

[-- Attachment #2: front2.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 184 bytes --]

* Re: No Gnus t-shirt progressing
@ 2012-03-14  1:48   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-03-14  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> This is more scary:

Very scary.  But that was "import" bugging out on me.

[-- Attachment #2: front2.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 10258 bytes --]

* Re: No Gnus t-shirt progressing
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-03-14  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Or perhaps this rather obvious arrangement:

[-- Attachment #2: front3.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 3475 bytes --]

* Re: No Gnus t-shirt progressing
@ 2012-03-14  3:19 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2012-03-14  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I've actually made some progress on the No Gnus t-shirt.  I was going
> do it last year, but it kinda sorta makes more sense to have it
> coincide
> with the Emacs 24 release, since that has the released version of No
> Gnus.
>
> Anyway, the two bits I want to have on the front of the shirt is a
> lightning printed in silver ink, and the Gnus logo in a different
> colour:
>

> It'll be a black shirt.  I haven't decided on the Gnus logo colour, or
> where to place the logo exactly, but it might end up looking something
> like that image above.  Probably not, though.

d> The back will say "No Gnus is good news", somehow, but no matter how I
> arrange the words, it looks kinda odd.  But I'm thinking something
> along
> these lines:

I'm loving it!  And I want one.  It sound at least as awesome as my
Orgmode shirt :)

I am not gut with the Gimp, but the new version is fun to work with!

[-- Attachment #2: gnus.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 37748 bytes --]

Got mashed potatoes. Ain't got no T-Bone. No T-Bone

* Re: No Gnus t-shirt progressing
@ 2012-03-14  3:26   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2012-03-14  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Rasmus wrote:
> I am not gut with the Gimp, but the new version is fun to work with!
> [2. image/png; gnus.png]...

White or bright color background is I like, anyway. :)

* Re: No Gnus t-shirt progressing
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-03-14  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> White or bright color background is I like, anyway. :)

If I did the text on the back in red, too, then I could do
kinda-bright-coloured shirts too, for those that wants them...  But the
lightning on the front will be in silver, which won't show up very well
on very light backgrounds.

* Re: No Gnus t-shirt progressing
@ 2012-03-14  3:54       ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2012-03-14  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:
>
>> White or bright color background is I like, anyway. :)
>
> If I did the text on the back in red, too, then I could do
> kinda-bright-coloured shirts too, for those that wants them...  But the
> lightning on the front will be in silver, which won't show up very well
> on very light backgrounds.

I'd personally prefer black, but perhaps not red. . .  I might go as far
as I'd dislike a black/red combo (I'd think of my Emacs telling me I
misspelled something).

The silver¹ on my Org short is quite the fab I can ensure you.

What I tried to illustrate was the frontpage of basic Gnu pdf manuals
with large title left centered and smaller subtitled dragged right

┏━━━
┃ [NO GNUS]
┃ --------[lighning]--------> [poor gnus]
┃             [IS GOOD NEWS]
┗━━━

Footnotes:
¹  http://orgmode.spreadshirt.de/black-with-silver-light-green-A11060288/customize/color/2

--
Enought with the bla bla!

* Re: No Gnus t-shirt progressing
@ 2012-03-14 11:33       ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2012-03-14 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 04:01:50 +0100, Lars wrote:

> Or perhaps this rather obvious arrangement:

 [.. lightning sprouting from the hoof of the Gnus ...]

Perhaps even too obvious?

Anyway, I like the black/silver/red and the text, and I could go either
way on the front.

Are you doing the Gnus logo in two-tone colour, as in the startup image?

I have had t-shirts with silver print which turned into "stealth mode"
after being washed a couple/number of times - black on black. To me that
counts as graceful degradation, but a warning might be in order.

Exciting!

  Coo,

   Adam

--
 "[...] but beyond that the Fry household had as much         Adam Sjøgren
  interest or understanding of sport as a potato has of  asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: No Gnus t-shirt progressing
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-03-14 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>  [.. lightning sprouting from the hoof of the Gnus ...]
>
> Perhaps even too obvious?

Yeah.  But looking at it, it seems kinda nice.  :-)

> Are you doing the Gnus logo in two-tone colour, as in the startup image?

No, the monochromatic version.

> I have had t-shirts with silver print which turned into "stealth mode"
> after being washed a couple/number of times - black on black. To me that
> counts as graceful degradation, but a warning might be in order.

That's true.  I'll make a note of it on the t-shirt page.

* Re: No Gnus t-shirt progressing
@ 2012-03-18 19:11 ` 황병희
From: 황병희 @ 2012-03-18 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding