* Symbol's function definition is void : defsetf
@ 1996-05-30 22:13 Herman Stevens
From: Herman Stevens @ 1996-05-30 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I can't start the latest gnus, I always get the error :

Symbol's definition is void : defsetf

Any cure ?  This is on a Linux machine (Kernel Pre2.0.-7) with Xemacs 19.13.

* Re: Symbol's function definition is void : defsetf
@ 1996-05-30 23:45 ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-05-30 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Herman> I can't start the latest gnus, I always get the error :
Herman> Symbol's definition is void : defsetf

Herman> Any cure ?  This is on a Linux machine (Kernel Pre2.0.-7) with
Herman> Xemacs 19.13.

It's a Common Lispism, and comes from mailheader.el or
mail-header.el.  To fix, put in a

(eval-when-compile (require 'cl))

at the top.
--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.

* Re: Symbol's function definition is void : defsetf
@ 1996-05-31  0:34 ` David Kågedal
From: David Kågedal @ 1996-05-31  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

herman@nbre.nfe.be (Herman Stevens) writes:

> I can't start the latest gnus, I always get the error :
>
> Symbol's definition is void : defsetf
>
> Any cure ?  This is on a Linux machine (Kernel Pre2.0.-7) with Xemacs 19.13.

Have you ran "make"? It seems as if you never compiled the elisp
files.

--
David Kågedal     Lysator Academic Computer Society       davidk@lysator.liu.se
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~davidk/                              +46-13 17 65 89