* multipart/related should degrade to multipart/mixed not /alternative
@ 1999-09-30 21:41 Greg Stark
From: Greg Stark @ 1999-09-30 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I got a multipart/related html doc with images, gnus displayed the text/html
but didn't include the attached images anywhere. If Gnus can't handle
multipart/related it's supposed to treat it as multipart/mixed and therefore
display the images as inline parts.

Even if it could handle multipart/related it would be nice to have an option
to switch it to multipart/mixed so you could always see and manipulate all the
parts of the document. In my case on Emacs 20 I would still want to go save
the image and the w3 bindings to do so are shadowed by gnus.

--
greg

* Re: multipart/related should degrade to multipart/mixed not /alternative
@ 1999-10-01 11:18 ` David Kågedal
From: David Kågedal @ 1999-10-01 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:

> I got a multipart/related html doc with images, gnus displayed the text/html
> but didn't include the attached images anywhere. If Gnus can't handle
> multipart/related it's supposed to treat it as multipart/mixed and therefore
> display the images as inline parts.
>
> Even if it could handle multipart/related it would be nice to have an option
> to switch it to multipart/mixed so you could always see and manipulate all the
> parts of the document. In my case on Emacs 20 I would still want to go save
> the image and the w3 bindings to do so are shadowed by gnus.

I recently learned that you can press C-d, and read the MIME structure
as if it was som sort of digest. It should work for multipart/related
also.

--
David Kågedal

* Re: multipart/related should degrade to multipart/mixed not /alternative
@ 1999-11-06  2:09 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-11-06  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:

> I got a multipart/related html doc with images, gnus displayed the text/html
> but didn't include the attached images anywhere. If Gnus can't handle
> multipart/related it's supposed to treat it as multipart/mixed and therefore
> display the images as inline parts.

But in this case, Gnus probably assumed that it could display the
multipart/related, only that, for some reason or other (do you have an
old w3 installed?) w3 didn't display the pictures.