Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes: > > I have written a very simple solution to convert html formatted mails > > to pure text, presevering *some* of the markup. It does of course not > > handle general html, but the readability of the typical eudora mail I > > receive is greatly enhanced. > > This seems like an interesting approach for those who haven't > installed w3, or those people who don't want to use it to > display messages in Gnus. > > Do you have a newer version of this now, and would you be interested > in including this in Gnus, and would you sign FSF copyright assignment > papers? :-) Yes, I have a *slightly* newer version - included below. As already mentioned it works quite nicely on mail which contain some visual html-markup, but nowadays I regularly receive ordinary web pages written in MS Frontpage as mail, needless to say that my simple solution fails on that. I would be more than willing to include this in Gnus, and sign FSF copyright assignment papers. Regards - Joakim