* gnus-inhibit-mime-unbuttonizing is useful but undocumented
@ 2002-11-26 14:36 Derrell.Lipman
From: Derrell.Lipman @ 2002-11-26 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai, Simon, or other GNUS developers...

There have been a number of questions/comments/requests recently (in
gnu.emacs.gnus) regarding seeing buttons for all mime parts.  The variable
gnus-inhibit-mime-unbuttonizing solves this problem, but is undocumented --
although it is referenced in the documentation of gnus-buttonized-mime-types.
g-i-m-u should probably be documented, both in code and in the manual.

Derrell

Thomas Steffen <for_replies_only@iname.com> writes:

> Derrell.Lipman@UnwiredUniverse.com writes:
>
>> I believe that the way I have gnus configured, it does exactly this.
>> I receive those virus messages on a regular basis. This is what I
>> see in the Article buffer:
>
>> 1.  ( ) text/html           ( ) audio/x-wav         (*) text/plain          ( ) application/octet-stream
>
> That should be perfect.
>
>>  ;; show buttons for all alternatives even though we prefer to display text
>>  gnus-inhibit-mime-unbuttonizing t
>
> I didn't know this variable exists. It even works in Gnus 5.8.
> Thank's!
>
> Imho that should solve the original problem. Just never forward any
> content you haven't checked.
>
>                 Thomas

* Re: gnus-inhibit-mime-unbuttonizing is useful but undocumented
@ 2002-11-29 16:20 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-11-29 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Derrell.Lipman@UnwiredUniverse.com writes:

> There have been a number of questions/comments/requests recently (in
> gnu.emacs.gnus) regarding seeing buttons for all mime parts.  The variable
> gnus-inhibit-mime-unbuttonizing solves this problem, but is undocumented --
> although it is referenced in the documentation of gnus-buttonized-mime-types.
> g-i-m-u should probably be documented, both in code and in the manual.

Done.