* suggestion for expiry
@ 1999-07-28 13:02 Max Froumentin
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Max Froumentin @ 1999-07-28 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I like gnus for its ability to wait before deleting expirable mail
messages (nnmail-expiry-wait-function, etc.).  In my mail groups,
expiry length is set to 30 days. When I keep messages ticked for more
than a month, and then I mark them expirable, they are deleted
immediately. Am I the only one to be bothered by this?

May I suggest that expiry be based on another date than the message's
'Date:' field? Rather, another field storing the date of the last time
the message was read seems to me more appropriate.  What do people
think?

Max.