From: Matt Pharr <mmp@graphics.stanford.edu>
Subject: spooling mail to some nnml groups and some nnfolder groups
Date: 19 Jun 1997 11:29:31 -0700	[thread overview]

I'm trying to make the transition from nnfolder to nnml for some of my
mailgroups, but gnus (5.4.46) is making new nnfolder groups to spool mail
to instead of spooling it to the new nnml groups I've made. Here's what I
did:

1) Killed the old nnfolder groups. *
2) Made new nnml groups
3) Respooled mail from the old nnfolder groups to the new nnml groups

When I fire up gnus or do a 2 g to get new mail, the nnml groups don't get
any of it, and instead the mail is written into my nnfolder directory in
new nnfolder files.

(*) After the first time I tried this and it didn't work, I went
through my .newsrc.eld file by hand to make sure all vestiges of the old
nnfolder groups were clobbered--that didn't help any though.

I'm using fancy splitting, and have secondary select methods set thusly:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnml "")
	(nnfolder "")
	))

And there isn't anything else related to nnml or nnfolder in my .gnus.el
file..

thanks,
-matt
--