* [Laura Conrad <lconrad@laymusic.org>] browse-url
@ 2001-04-18 14:28 Laura Conrad
From: Laura Conrad @ 2001-04-18 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is still happening with yesterday's CVS.  (At home; I haven't
updated my CVS here at work, since this is a fairly major problem for
me.)

Is it something wierd that I'm doing?  I have my browse-url option set
to netscape, but setting it to something else doesn't seem to help
any.  I'm using xemacs.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2739 bytes --]

From: Laura Conrad <lconrad@laymusic.org>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: browse-url
Date: 01 Apr 2001 11:51:42 -0400

In the last two days (I think since updating my CVS gnus for the first
time in a few weeks) I haven't been able to browse a URL by
right-clicking (or middle-clicking) on it in gnus.  The message I get is:

You must define `(browse-url
"http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/options/abc-standard/lconrad%40laymusic.org")'
to use this button

Any ideas?

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574

Laura (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org)
http://www.laymusic.org : Putting live music back in the living room.

* Re: [Laura Conrad <lconrad@laymusic.org>] browse-url
@ 2001-05-08 23:34 ` Laura Conrad
From: Laura Conrad @ 2001-05-08 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

And it's still happening with today's CVS.  It also happens with gnus
5.8.8, but not with 5.8.2.  I don't know  that I want to go back that
far, but I really need to be able to right click on a URL.  Does
anyone have any suggestions?  I assume it isn't happening to
everyone.

@ 2001-05-08 23:42   ` Laura Conrad
From: Laura Conrad @ 2001-05-08 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

5.8.7 doesn't have the problem (I can't browse-url) but 5.8.8 does.
I'll just use 5.8.7 unless someone wants me to try something.

--

@ 2001-05-09 20:11 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-05-09 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Laura Conrad <lconrad@laymusic.org> writes:

> In the last two days (I think since updating my CVS gnus for the first
> time in a few weeks) I haven't been able to browse a URL by
> right-clicking (or middle-clicking) on it in gnus.  The message I get is:
>
> You must define `(browse-url
> "http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/options/abc-standard/lconrad%40laymusic.org")'
> to use this button
>
> Any ideas?

This happens if the autoload cookies in browse-url.el didn't work.
When you start emacs, is `browse-url' defined (C-h f browse-url RET)?

You should be able to work around it by making sure browse-url.el is
loaded, with a `(require 'browse-url)' or something in .gnus.

* Re: [Laura Conrad <lconrad@laymusic.org>] browse-url
@ 2001-05-13 12:26   ` Laura Conrad
From: Laura Conrad @ 2001-05-13 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    Simon> This happens if the autoload cookies in browse-url.el
    Simon> didn't work.  When you start emacs, is `browse-url' defined
    Simon> (C-h f browse-url RET)?

No.

    Simon> You should be able to work around it by making sure browse-url.el is
    Simon> loaded, with a `(require 'browse-url)' or something in .gnus.

Thanks, that works.