* gnus-use-generic-from lookalike?
@ 1997-02-10 15:03 Greg Thompson
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Greg Thompson @ 1997-02-10 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

back in the pre-message days, i used gnus-use-generic-from so my
machine name wouldn't show up in the from header of my postings.
well, they're back.  i see that message-make-fqdn is returning the
whole thingamabob, and it doesn't look like i can make it not.  is
there any way to make message use just my domain name rather than my
whole machine name in from headers?
--
		-greg				     buy my new record
								 -tool

* Re: gnus-use-generic-from lookalike?
@ 1997-02-10 15:14 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1997-02-10 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Greg> back in the pre-message days, i used gnus-use-generic-from so
  Greg> my machine name wouldn't show up in the from header of my
  Greg> postings.

C-h v mail-host-address RET
C-h v user-mail-address RET

kai
--
My heart is down, my head is turning around;
I had to leave a little girl in Kingston town. -- Harry Belafonte

* Re: gnus-use-generic-from lookalike?
@ 1997-02-10 15:46 ` Lars Balker Rasmussen
From: Lars Balker Rasmussen @ 1997-02-10 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use (setq user-mail-address "gnort@daimi.aau.dk").
--
Lars Balker Rasmussen             <URL:http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~gnort/>

	      I am *not* selling crack from my cubicle!!!

* Re: gnus-use-generic-from lookalike?
@ 1997-02-10 16:13 ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1997-02-10 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greg Thompson <gregt@visix.com> writes:

> is there any way to make message use just my domain name rather than
> my whole machine name in from headers?

How about:

(setq user-mail-address "gregt@visix.com")

--