From: Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr>
Subject: Re: Functional complaint, customize library
Date: 08 Apr 1998 04:46:44 +0200	[thread overview]

Stainless Steel Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net> writes:

> KK> My system also has FSFmacs 20.2 installed,
>
> I would say that is a problem right there.  Your 1.9960-x has apparantly
> been rmssed much like everything else he gets his hands on... in this case
> probably to remove any of the XEmacs-specific code.

I feel very strange jumping into Stallman's defense, but the changes
to cus-face mostly have to do with merging the code into faces.el.  He
didn't have a special intention to remove XEmacs-specific code,
because he left it in wid-edit.el (which has *lots* of compatibility
code).

Your patch also fails to apply on XEmacs 20.3 and above.

> Besides, as far as I am concerned, FSF Emacs 20.whatever is anathema
> for reasons I would rather not go into yet again.

You will probably have to, because FSF 20.3 improved many things in
MULE support.  It appears that their implementation is (almost)
decent, this time around.

Or, did you mean Custom?

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia