* Saving pending messages to Draft group periodically
@ 1998-02-18 12:56 jari.aalto
From: jari.aalto @ 1998-02-18 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

        Hi,

        [new feature idea]

        Would it be possible to add a function to the gnus daemon, which
        would save the currently edited messages to the draft group
        periodically. When message has been actually send, the draft would
        be automatically deleted.

        In our environment sometimes it happens that servers go down
        while I have left Gnus running while I went to dining room and all
        my 3 pending email messages sinked with Emacs.

        This would nicely protect messages against a "power loss".
        jari

* Re: Saving pending messages to Draft group periodically
@ 1998-02-18 14:38 ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1998-02-18 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I thought draft messages were autosaved by default?  But then again, I
don't remember this autosave feature ever working for me, either.

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia

* Re: Saving pending messages to Draft group periodically
@ 1998-02-19  0:27   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-02-19  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> writes:

> I thought draft messages were autosaved by default?

Well, they are supposed to be...