* bug report: can't recreate nnml
@ 1997-12-19  7:39 jari.aalto
From: jari.aalto @ 1997-12-19  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

        If I delete nnml group and try to recreate it, Gnus
        won't create the directory. Follow these steps:

        o       G m test.test RET nnml RET
            --> ~/Mail/test.test/ created
        o       rmdir ~/Mail/test.test/
        o       C-k test.test
        o       G m test.test RET nnml RET
            --> no directory created ?

        jari

* Re: bug report: can't recreate nnml
@ 1997-12-19  9:43 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1997-12-19  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Jari>         o       G m test.test RET nnml RET
  Jari>         --> ~/Mail/test.test/ created
  Jari>         o       rmdir ~/Mail/test.test/
  Jari>         o       C-k test.test
  Jari>         o       G m test.test RET nnml RET
  Jari>         --> no directory created ?

C-k doesn't delete the group!  It just unsubscribes it.  Therefore,
Gnus still thinks there is a group.

Use G DEL to delete a group.

And don't mess around in ~/Mail unless you know what you're doing :-)
Gnus doesn't really expect people to mess around in its directories.

--
Kai Grossjohann, Informatik VI        grossjohann@ls6.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Uni Dortmund, D-44221 Dortmund        http://ls6-www.cs.uni-dortmund.de/

* Re: bug-gnu-emacs@prep.ai.mit.edu report: can't recreate nnml
@ 1997-12-19 15:56   ` jari.aalto
From: jari.aalto @ 1997-12-19 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

 97-12-19 Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@charly.cs.uni-dortmund.de> list.ding

|   Jari>         o       G m test.test RET nnml RET
|   Jari>         --> ~/Mail/test.test/ created
|   Jari>         o       rmdir ~/Mail/test.test/
|   Jari>         o       C-k test.test
|   Jari>         o       G m test.test RET nnml RET
|   Jari>         --> no directory created ?
|
| C-k doesn't delete the group!  It just unsubscribes it.  Therefore,
| Gnus still thinks there is a group.
|
| Use G DEL to delete a group.

But i didn't want gnus to remove the directory; that's why used
manual rm after I zipped the messages. The G DEL would have
killed all messages too.

I'm just wondering, shouldn't nnml create the directory always if there
is not one. It shouldn't matter if the directory were removed by
earthquake, or by user or by Gnus G DEL.

jari

* Re: bug-gnu-emacs@prep.ai.mit.edu report: can't recreate nnml
@ 1997-12-19 18:40     ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1997-12-19 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

<jari.aalto@poboxes.com> writes:

> But i didn't want gnus to remove the directory; that's why used
> manual rm after I zipped the messages. The G DEL would have
> killed all messages too.

What makes you think so?  That would be `C-u G DEL' to remove the
messages.

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia