* gnuses
@ 1998-09-03 17:07 Phil Humpherys
From: Phil Humpherys @ 1998-09-03 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Somehow, I've totally missed the boat on these divisions of
gnus.  I run gnus5.6.42.  I don't have a clue was this
pteradactile gnus, and these others are.  could someone kindly
fill me in?

--
Phil Humpherys <phumpherys@utah-inter.net>   DriverSoft
Unix Systems Administrator                   Mobile: +1.801.725.3257

* Re: gnuses
@ 1998-09-03 17:14 ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1998-09-03 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Phil Humpherys <phumpherys@utah-inter.net> writes:

> Somehow, I've totally missed the boat on these divisions of gnus.  I
> run gnus5.6.42.

I assume you are relatively new on the Gnus development process.  Gnus
developments starts from a named alpha version, which becomes a
numbered beta release.  For example, the first alpha was (ding) Gnus,
and the first beta was Gnus 5.0.x.  The second alpha was September
Gnus, and the second beta was Gnus 5.2.x.

(ding) Gnus      -> 5.0.x
September Gnus   -> 5.2.x
Red Gnus         -> 5.4.x
Quassia Gnus     -> 5.6.x
Pterodactyl Gnus -> 5.8.x

As all Gnus alphas, Pterodactyl Gnus is potentially dangerous to your
sanity and mail folders, so if you don't know what it is, it's
probably not a good idea to install it.  At least not until it
stabilizes.

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia