* psgml
@ 1998-11-14 16:54 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-11-14 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lennart Staflin <lenst@lysator.liu.se> seems to be the author of
psgml.  If we're going to use that in Message, the package has to be
included in Emacs.  Does anyone know anything in particular about the
history of this package, esp. with an eye to the paperwork situation?

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: psgml
@ 1998-11-14 21:55 ` Sudish Joseph
From: Sudish Joseph @ 1998-11-14 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes:
> Lennart Staflin <lenst@lysator.liu.se> seems to be the author of
> psgml.  If we're going to use that in Message, the package has to be
> included in Emacs.  Does anyone know anything in particular about the
> history of this package, esp. with an eye to the paperwork situation?

The psgml web page has the history of the package and other information.
<URL:http://www.lysator.liu.se/projects/about_psgml.html>.

--
Sudish Joseph                                          MindSpring Enterprises

* Re: psgml
@ 1998-11-15 14:00 ` Dave Love
From: Dave Love @ 1998-11-15 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

 Lars> Does anyone know anything in particular about the history of
 Lars> this package, esp. with an eye to the paperwork situation?

I'm supposed to be dealing with the matter for Emacs 20.5 as someone
with an interset in it.  It seems to need some contributions
identifying and, probably, rewriting.

However, though I haven't read all the traffic about the business in
hand, I'm rather unconvinced by it.

* Re: psgml
@ 1998-11-16  8:44 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1998-11-16  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Lennart Staflin <lenst@lysator.liu.se> seems to be the author of
> psgml.  If we're going to use that in Message, the package has to be
> included in Emacs.  Does anyone know anything in particular about
> the history of this package, esp. with an eye to the paperwork
> situation?

Han skrev den mens han var student på Universitetet i Linköping.  Han
har vedlikeholdt den litt på fritida sia den gang.  Den har stort sett
ligget brakk de siste par årene, men han børstet støvet av den igjen
nå nylig, for å tilpasse den XML.

psgml som leveres med XEmacs er litt endret fra Lennart Staflins
orginale.  Den har bedre font-locking og et mer glorete
brukergrensesnitt.

* Re: psgml
@ 1998-11-16 10:44   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1998-11-16 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

[hmmph... since I fucked up and pressed "f" instead of "r", I guess
I'd better translate this]

> Han skrev den mens han var student på Universitetet i Linköping.
> Han har vedlikeholdt den litt på fritida sia den gang.  Den har
> stort sett ligget brakk de siste par årene, men han børstet støvet
> av den igjen nå nylig, for å tilpasse den XML.

He wrote it while a student at the University of Linköping.  He has
maintained it in his spare time since then.  It has been mostly
untouched for the last two years or so, but recently he's taken it up
again, to adapt it to XML.

> psgml som leveres med XEmacs er litt endret fra Lennart Staflins
> orginale.  Den har bedre font-locking og et mer glorete
> brukergrensesnitt.

The psgml delivered with XEmacs is changed from Lennart Staflin's
original.  It has improved font locking, and a... uhmm... _better_
user interface...

* Re: psgml
@ 1998-11-17 21:09     ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1998-11-17 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:

> The psgml delivered with XEmacs is changed from Lennart Staflin's
> original.  It has improved font locking, and a... uhmm... _better_
> user interface...

Yup -- this has been reported by several objective people.  Perhaps
the current psgml maintainer (Dave Love?) would care to look at the
XEmacs version and use the nice stuff?  AFAIR it was written by Ben
Wing.

In case this isn't obvious, the XEmacs people would definitely prefer
to just use the maintainer's version of the package rather than to
have an XEmacs-specific one.

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia