* Modifying messages inside Gnus (with shell command)
@ 2002-09-17  1:09 Jorge Godoy
From: Jorge Godoy @ 2002-09-17  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I use SpamAssassin and it adds some marks such as a *****SPAM*****
notice in the subject, modifying MIME attachments, etc.

Sometimes I get false positives with it and I want to move the message
to its correct folder instead of the spam folder. But, I also wanted
to recover the message removing all these modifications inserted by
spamassassin. I can do that with a shell command ("spamassassin -d")
but I think that Gnus specific files won't be updated (such as
.overview and .marks).

Is there any way for me to run a shell command in a message and have
Gnus recognizing the message correctly?

Thanks in advance,
--
Godoy.     <godoy@ieee.org>

* Re: Modifying messages inside Gnus (with shell command)
@ 2002-09-17 10:34 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-09-17 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jorge Godoy <godoy@ieee.org> writes:

> Hi,
>

> I use SpamAssassin and it adds some marks such as a *****SPAM*****
> notice in the subject, modifying MIME attachments, etc.
>
> Sometimes I get false positives with it and I want to move the message
> to its correct folder instead of the spam folder. But, I also wanted
> to recover the message removing all these modifications inserted by
> spamassassin. I can do that with a shell command ("spamassassin -d")
> but I think that Gnus specific files won't be updated (such as
> .overview and .marks).
>
> Is there any way for me to run a shell command in a message and have
> Gnus recognizing the message correctly?

No.

Perhaps a command like gnus-summary-pipe-message-and-copy could be
useful?  It would pipe an article through a command and copy the
resulting message into some group.  *-move could be added to, of
course.

OTOH, I find disabling SpamAssassin body/subject/content-type
modifications is much easier to work with.  My SpamAssassin only adds
X-Spam* headers to messages.  Then I can move the message using normal
commands and there is no need to pipe it through spamassassin -d.

* Re: Modifying messages inside Gnus (with shell command)
@ 2002-09-20 17:42   ` Jorge Godoy
From: Jorge Godoy @ 2002-09-20 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Perhaps a command like gnus-summary-pipe-message-and-copy could be
> useful?  It would pipe an article through a command and copy the
> resulting message into some group.  *-move could be added to, of
> course.

Such a command would be *very* useful.

Specially because one could do lots of other things with a message.

> OTOH, I find disabling SpamAssassin body/subject/content-type
> modifications is much easier to work with.  My SpamAssassin only adds
> X-Spam* headers to messages.  Then I can move the message using normal
> commands and there is no need to pipe it through spamassassin -d.

It's easier, but then you'd loose some facilities/features such as
mangling of dangerous message bodies.

--
Godoy.     <godoy@ieee.org>