From: Jaap-Henk Hoepman <hoepman@cs.utwente.nl>
Subject: (mail) articles moved between nnfolder and nnml disappear
Date: 11 May 1999 14:37:03 +0200	[thread overview]

Subject says it all really. When I move articles from my Inbox (which is
nnfolder) to some nnml group I use to keep old mail, it disappears:
- it does not show up in article summary
- it _is_ present in the directory and the .overview contains its summary
- regenerating nnml data structures (in Server buffer using 'g') and then
getting new articles (using 'g' in the Group summary) gives them back

It seems as if the active file is not properly updated..

This problem was not there when I started using nnml groups (when I used
pgnus-0.81).

B.t.w.: Both the nnml and nnfolder backend share the same directory and active
file.

Jaap-Henk

P.S.: As an aside, it is somewhat annoying that moved mail shows up as new mail
in the group to which it is moved. It's been read and processed after all.
Any ideas how to change this behaviour?

--
Jaap-Henk Hoepman             | Come sail your ships around me
Dept. of Computer Science     | And burn these bridges down