* Problems posting to groups read over SSH..
@ 1999-07-05  6:29 Andrew Markebo
From: Andrew Markebo @ 1999-07-05  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I try to post to a group read over ssh, I get the error "Subject
line required" from the newsserver. I can post manually by telnetting
to the newsserver.

Is this something you recognize??

Reading is ok..

The settings for the connection looks like (ssh to salt, from there
telnet to news..):

(nntp "news.soundblaster.com"
      (nntp-address "salt")
      (nntp-open-connection-function nntp-open-rlogin)
      (nntp-rlogin-program "ssh")
      (nntp-rlogin-parameters
       ("-x" "-C" "telnet" "-8" "news.soundblaster.com" "nntp")))

I seem to recall that there where some nntp-[debug|trace] variable I
could set, to dump the info but I can't find it again.. any hints?

	/Andy

* Re: Problems posting to groups read over SSH..
@ 1999-07-06  3:53 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-07-06  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andrew Markebo <andy.eskilsson@telelogic.se> writes:

> When I try to post to a group read over ssh, I get the error "Subject
> line required" from the newsserver. I can post manually by telnetting
> to the newsserver.

I think this probably means that something is eating your ^M's.

> I seem to recall that there where some nntp-[debug|trace] variable I
> could set, to dump the info but I can't find it again.. any hints?

`nntp-record-commands'.

* Re: Problems posting to groups read over SSH..
@ 1999-07-09  6:41   ` Andrew Markebo
From: Andrew Markebo @ 1999-07-09  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

/ Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:
| Andrew Markebo <andy.eskilsson@telelogic.se> writes:
|
| > When I try to post to a group read over ssh, I get the error "Subject
| > line required" from the newsserver. I can post manually by telnetting
| > to the newsserver.
|
| I think this probably means that something is eating your ^M's.

Seems as ssh is doing this.. well now I set the variable:
	(nntp-end-of-line "\n")

and it works..

	/Andy