* Problem with SMIME signing and NoGnus v0.6
@ 2007-07-04 12:52 David Eng
From: David Eng @ 2007-07-04 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I recently upgraded from Gnus v5.10.8 to NoGnus v0.6 and noticed that my
mails are not correctly signed anymore (using S/MIME w/ openssl). The
problem is that my signed mails do not contain the intermediate
certificates from the file defined in the variable 'smime-keys'. My
'smime-keys' looks like this:

(("example@domain.com" "~/Mail/certs/mykey.pem"
      ("~/Mail/certs/intermediates.pem")))

Calling 'mml-secure-message-sign-smime', the following tag gets
inserted:

<#secure method=smime mode=sign keyfile="~/Mail/certs/mykey.pem">

When the message is sent, the certificates from "intermediates.pem" do
not get inserted, since the value of 'keyfile' in the tag seems to
override 'smime-keys'. When I delete the 'keyfile' from the tag, Gnus
correctly derives all keyfiles from my mail address and everything
works like it did in Gnus 5.10.8.

-David

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-07-04 12:52 UTC | newest]