* Lars in Coma, awakes on Saturdays.
@ 1997-12-17 17:30 Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 1997-12-17 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

(.no) A strange turn of events has happened since Lars Magne
Ingebrigtsen, the infamous coder of the Gnus everything reader,
implemented his latest set of features for the up and coming next Gnus
release.  It seems he has implemented an "agent" feature which has had
the result of affecting the rest of his life.  Friends say that they
used to get 10-15 email messages a day from Ingebrigtsen, but now they
day typically goes by with nary a one.  A concerned user told us "I
was really scared the first time it happened...  Then, without
warning, I received about 20-30 messages one Saturday in the course of
an hour."  Experts believe that Ingebrigtsen has become absorbed in
his latest "agent" feature to Gnus that allows him to disconnect from
the Internet world and feel happy about it by writing and reading
while "unplugged".  "We think that it has affected his mind, and he
actually slips into a coma during the week and wakes up routinely on
the weekends, reads and writes a ton of mail and ships them out in a
large batch".  Fortunately, no one has yet been hurt by the sudden
stampeding on-slought of mail, but citizens say it is only a matter
of time.  "What concerns us most is that it appears, though we haven't
been able to generate the appropriate statistics to prove it, that the
average number of email messages per week originating from
Ingebrigtsen has actually dropped almost in half.  It's had a major
impact in our lives, but we're adjusting to it none-the-less."

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

* Re: Lars in Coma, awakes on Saturdays.
@ 1997-12-18 11:54 ` Robert Bihlmeyer
From: Robert Bihlmeyer @ 1997-12-18 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

[press release snipped]

Or perhaps Lars is doing that
day-job-on-weekdays-gnus-frenzy-on-weekends type of thingie.

I think he's trying to tell us something: The Gnus Collective should
raise more money, so Larsi need not bother with mundane things.

	Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>