* Setting group-local variables.
@ 1997-12-16 16:36 Robert Bihlmeyer
From: Robert Bihlmeyer @ 1997-12-16 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

WIBNI you could give any variable a local-to-summary-buffer setting
from within group parameters?

	Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>

* Re: Setting group-local variables.
@ 1997-12-16 16:44 ` Robert Bihlmeyer
From: Robert Bihlmeyer @ 1997-12-16 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

 Robbe> Hi, WIBNI you could give any variable a
 Robbe> local-to-summary-buffer setting from within group parameters?

To forestall this:

Someone> What's the use?

I'll follow up my own post, err, mail.

Hmm, yes, now I know: you could, for example, set
`gnus-ignored-adaptive-words' on a per-group basis. Just one example,
of course.

	Robbe

--

@ 1997-12-17 17:18   ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 1997-12-17 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Robbe> Hmm, yes, now I know: you could, for example, set
Robbe> `gnus-ignored-adaptive-words' on a per-group basis. Just one
Robbe> example, of course.

It's already implemented, just add '(variable . value) to the group
parameters of a group or topic.

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

* Re: Setting group-local variables.
@ 1997-12-18 11:48     ` Robert Bihlmeyer
From: Robert Bihlmeyer @ 1997-12-18 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

 Wes> It's already implemented, just add '(variable . value) to the
 Wes> group parameters of a group or topic.

Gnus is cool, cool, cool. M-x all-hail-mighty-gnus

	Robbe (punching himself for not reading the source earlier)