* "Mute quoted text" for Gnus...?
@ 1999-01-11  8:05 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1999-01-11  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

MicroPlanet Gravity v2.10 has a feature called "Mute quoted text",
which hides everything except the four last lines of quoted (or cited)
text.

Is this in the pipeline for pgnus?  I've looked in "Article washing"
in the info pages of Gnus 5.6.42, but I couldn't find anything
relevant there, so I guess it wasn't implemented at that stage (I
don't seem to have the info pages of pgnus online after my latest
system upgrade).

* Re: "Mute quoted text" for Gnus...?
@ 1999-01-11 11:10 ` Kim-Minh Kaplan
From: Kim-Minh Kaplan @ 1999-01-11 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steinar Bang writes:

> MicroPlanet Gravity v2.10 has a feature called "Mute quoted text",
> which hides everything except the four last lines of quoted (or cited)
> text.

Gnus way is a bit more extreme : W W c (M-x gnus-article-hide-citation)
will hide the whole quoted text.

Kim-Minh.
.

* Re: "Mute quoted text" for Gnus...?
@ 1999-01-11 15:39   ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 1999-01-11 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kim-Minh Kaplan <kmkaplan@western.fr> writes:
> Gnus way is a bit more extreme : W W c (M-x gnus-article-hide-citation)
> will hide the whole quoted text.

One can also MouseMiddle on "writes:" to make a particular
citation disappear.

* Re: "Mute quoted text" for Gnus...?
@ 1999-01-12 14:39     ` Robert Bihlmeyer
From: Robert Bihlmeyer @ 1999-01-12 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

 Karl> One can also MouseMiddle on "writes:" to make a particular
 Karl> citation disappear.

Wow! One can discover cool features in Gnus every day and still there
are tons unknown.

Is there a gnus-feature-a-day mailing-list? Hmm, easy subscribtion to
this for newbies could serve as a better "Did you know that...?".

	Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>