* gnus 5.10.6 and fedora core 3 -> doesn't work?
@ 2004-11-18 19:34 Phil Shapiro
From: Phil Shapiro @ 2004-11-18 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been using gnus 5.10 under Redhat's Fedora Core 2, gnu emacs 21.3.1, and
everything worked fine.  The other day I upgraded to Fedora Core 3 and found
that gnus 5.10 no longer works.  5.9 appears to work OK.  I have the same
version (rpm) of emacs installed on both FC2 and FC3 boxes.

Here's what happens when it fails.

- start emacs, and then start gnus using M-x gnus RET
- read the first email message using RET
- hit 'r' to reply, and then emacs hangs
- hit C-g to un-hang emacs
- in *Messages* it says:
Generating summary...done
while: Quit
Fontifying *reply to xxx@zzz.com*... (regexps...........)
Quit

Any ideas?  The FC3 setup is pretty much a stock installation.

Thanks.

-phil

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-11-18 19:34 UTC | newest]