* Marking read automatically by scoring - only works the first time
@ 2004-11-28 14:07 Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2004-11-28 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Hi.

I recently updated from cvs for the first time in roughly half a year.
Now I'm experiencing an odd problem:

I use scoring to make boring articles be marked read automatically (I
give them -5000 in my all.SCORE) - they appear in italics in the
summary and get the 'Y'-"mark".

After the update, this only works the first time I enter any group.
Any group I enter subsequently only has the boring articles in
italics, but they do not get read automatically; no 'Y'-"mark".

I havent got a ((mark -100)) in my all.SCORE as the node "7.10 Scoring
Tips" in the manual suggests, but if that was mandatory, I would
expect that the marking-as-read didn't do anything at all, even the
first time a any group is entered?!

Any ideas on whether this is something I need to adjust in my
configuration or how to track down the problem, if it is a bug?

  Best regards,

     Adam

--
 "I hate mental exercise                                      Adam Sjøgren
  Thinking gives me pain"                                asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Marking read automatically by scoring - only works the first time
@ 2004-11-28 14:35 ` Romain Francoise
From: Romain Francoise @ 2004-11-28 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Any ideas on whether this is something I need to adjust in my
> configuration or how to track down the problem, if it is a bug?

It's a bug, I sent a patch in <87is85tzyg.fsf@orebokech.com> but nobody
bothered to apply it and I don't have commit access so the bug is still
not fixed.  *shrug*

--
Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com> | There are doors that open by
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | themselves.

* Re: Marking read automatically by scoring - only works the first time
@ 2004-11-28 15:02   ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2004-11-28 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 15:35:36 +0100, Romain wrote:

> It's a bug, I sent a patch in <87is85tzyg.fsf@orebokech.com> but
> nobody bothered to apply it and I don't have commit access so the
> bug is still not fixed. *shrug*

Your patch fixes the problem for me - thanks!

(Now on to nagging someone into committing it to cvs... :-))

  Best wishes,

--

@ 2004-12-02 21:58   ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2004-12-02 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Romain Francoise <romain <at> orebokech.com> writes:

> asjo <at> koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:
>
> > Any ideas on whether this is something I need to adjust in my
> > configuration or how to track down the problem, if it is a bug?
>
> It's a bug, I sent a patch in <87is85tzyg.fsf <at> orebokech.com> but nobody
> bothered to apply it and I don't have commit access so the bug is still
> not fixed.  *shrug*

My hard disk died, and I can't do cvs from work.  So, someone else needs to look
at it.