* Reading nnml directories
@ 2008-03-09 16:52 geotal
From: geotal @ 2008-03-09 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I would like to be read nnml mail directories, making use of the .overview and
.marks files that already exist there.  The directories are not in the usual
location for the already existing nnml server, but exist on a USB drive.  I
tried creating another nnml server but it appears that you can only have one
nnml server in gnus-secondary-select-methods.  I am not sure if an another
backend server can make use use of both the .overview and .marks files.  It
appears (I may be wrong) that the nnmaildir backend has a different structure
than an nnml directory.

Any help will be appreciated.

Geotal

* Re: Reading nnml directories
@ 2008-03-27 21:35 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-03-27 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: geotal; +Cc: ding

On Sun, Mar 09 2008, geotal wrote:

> I would like to be read nnml mail directories, making use of the
> .overview and .marks files that already exist there.  The
> directories are not in the usual location for the already existing
> nnml server, but exist on a USB drive.  I tried creating another
> nnml server but it appears that you can only have one nnml server in
> gnus-secondary-select-methods.

I have three different nnml servers.  You need to make sure to specify
different server variables at least for `nnml-directory' and
`nnml-active-file' see (info "(gnus)Server Variables").

,----[ <f1> v gnus-secondary-select-methods RET ]
| gnus-secondary-select-methods is a variable defined in `gnus.elc'.
| [...]
|
| Value:
| ([...]
|  (nnml "personal"
|        (nnml-directory "~/Mail/personal")
|        (nnml-get-new-mail t)
|        (nnml-active-file "~/Mail/var/nnml/personal/active"))
|  (nnml "news"
|        (nnml-directory "~/News/news")
|        (nnml-get-new-mail nil)
|        (nnml-active-file "~/News/var/nnml/news/active"))
|  (nnml "archive"
|        (nnml-directory "~/News/archive")
|        (nnml-get-new-mail nil)
|        (nnml-active-file "~/News/var/nnml/archive/active")))
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,