From: John Owens <john_owens@yahoo.com>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Agent & disconnected IMAP: move messages between folders?
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 03:02:38 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

Greetings, a few years ago I looked at Gnus as a mail client.
I didn't adopt it for one main reason: though it supports
disconnected IMAP (I spend a lot of time on my computer out
of Internet range), it doesn't allow me to move messages
between IMAP folders during disconnected operation. I am
presuming the way this would be done is to queue up move
commands and execute them once IMAP is reconnected (this is
how it is done in Wanderlust, an emacs-IMAP mailer).

(I read email in the following way: most stuff comes into my
inbox, I read it, I answer it, I file it into a folder. Thus
such a capability is useful to me. I am totally willing to hear
about a more Gnus-y way to handle this, but I don't think
"auto-filter every message that comes in into its destination"
is ideal for me, since I get lots of mail that would be hard
to categorize like that.)

Has there been any progress in the last few years toward
supporting this capability? The FAQ still says no, but perhaps
it is reflecting a released version and newer versions have
added this capability.

Thanks!

JDO