* Gnus and IMAP servers
@ 2013-03-25 13:20 Uwe Jochum
From: Uwe Jochum @ 2013-03-25 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I have on one IMAP mailserver two different accounts that I want
to access via nnimap.

This is my setting:

(setq

gnus-secondary-select-methods '(
		(nnml "")

	(nnimap "imapaccess1"
		(nnimap-address "imap.someplace.de")
		(nnimap-server-port 143)
		(nnimap-stream network)
		(nnimap-authenticator login)
		(nnimap-authinfo-file "e:/home/.auth1")
		)

	(nnimap "imapaccess2"
		(nnimap-address "imap.someplace.de")
		(nnimap-server-port 143)
		(nnimap-stream network)
		(nnimap-authenticator login)
		(nnimap-authinfo-file "e:/home/.auth2")
		)
	)
)

Now when I do A A to see all available newsgroups and mailboxes Gnus
displays the same list of mailboxes/folders in both IMAP accounts.
That is: I see something like

nnimap+imapaccess1:Archives
nnimap+imapaccess1:INBOX
nnimap+imapaccess1:Office
nnimap+imapaccess1:Home
nnimap+imapaccess1:Seminary
nnimap+imapaccess2:Archives
nnimap+imapaccess2:INBOX
nnimap+imapaccess2:Office
nnimap+imapaccess2:Home
nnimap+imapaccess2:Seminary

And, even worse, the INBOX of imapaccess1 shows the same mails than
the INBOX of imapaccess2 and so one for all folders/groups.

Of course, the .auth-files have different user-ids and passwords
for both accounts.

To make things even more strange: The setting works on my Linux
machine (Emacs 23 something), but it doesn't work on my office
windows7 machine: Emacs 24.3.1 with Gnus 5.13.

Can someone confirm this behaviour of Gnus on a Windows machine?

Schöne Grüße,

Uwe Jochum

* Re: Gnus and IMAP servers
@ 2013-03-26 10:43 ` Carson Chittom
From: Carson Chittom @ 2013-03-26 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Uwe Jochum <uwe.jochum@uni-konstanz.de> writes:

> I have on one IMAP mailserver two different accounts that I want
> to access via nnimap.
>
> This is my setting:
>
> (setq
>
> gnus-secondary-select-methods '(
> 		(nnml "")
>
> 	(nnimap "imapaccess1"
> 		(nnimap-address "imap.someplace.de")
> 		(nnimap-server-port 143)
> 		(nnimap-stream network)
> 		(nnimap-authenticator login)
> 		(nnimap-authinfo-file "e:/home/.auth1")
> 		)
>
> 	(nnimap "imapaccess2"
> 		(nnimap-address "imap.someplace.de")
> 		(nnimap-server-port 143)
> 		(nnimap-stream network)
> 		(nnimap-authenticator login)
> 		(nnimap-authinfo-file "e:/home/.auth2")
> 		)
> 	)
> )
>
> Now when I do A A to see all available newsgroups and mailboxes Gnus
> displays the same list of mailboxes/folders in both IMAP accounts.
> That is: I see something like
>
> nnimap+imapaccess1:Archives
> nnimap+imapaccess1:INBOX
> nnimap+imapaccess1:Office
> nnimap+imapaccess1:Home
> nnimap+imapaccess1:Seminary
> nnimap+imapaccess2:Archives
> nnimap+imapaccess2:INBOX
> nnimap+imapaccess2:Office
> nnimap+imapaccess2:Home
> nnimap+imapaccess2:Seminary
>
> And, even worse, the INBOX of imapaccess1 shows the same mails than
> the INBOX of imapaccess2 and so one for all folders/groups.
>
> Of course, the .auth-files have different user-ids and passwords
> for both accounts.
>
> To make things even more strange: The setting works on my Linux
> machine (Emacs 23 something), but it doesn't work on my office
> windows7 machine: Emacs 24.3.1 with Gnus 5.13.
>
> Can someone confirm this behaviour of Gnus on a Windows machine?

I'm using Emacs 24.3.1 with Gnus 5.13 on Windows 8.  The only
substantive differences between my Gnus configuration and yours as you
gave it are:

            1. I don't have a nnml entry
            2. Both of my nnimap entries use the same authfile (if it
               matters, the default ~/.authinfo)

I do not see the behavior you describe.  For me, A A shows the
appropriate folders for each IMAP server.

* Re: Gnus and IMAP servers
@ 2013-03-26 11:28 ` Uwe Jochum
From: Uwe Jochum @ 2013-03-26 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> To make things even more strange: The setting works on my Linux
> machine (Emacs 23 something), but it doesn't work on my office
> windows7 machine: Emacs 24.3.1 with Gnus 5.13.

Going back to Emacs 23.4 on my office Windows 7 machine solves the problem.
So I conclude this is not a problem of Gnus (Emacs 23.4 has Gnus 5.13),
but one of Emacs.

Kind regards,

Uwe Jochum