Sorry it took me so long to get back to this. Ted Zlatanov writes: >> If you're interested, here is my change: (it's quite ugly, but >> works) > > I didn't see this until I had done quite a bit of work on spam.el > in a different direction, so I'm afraid your patch won't work > cleanly. Can you check your patch against the mega-patch I'll be > posting later tonight and see if there are any conflicts? Thanks! By all means! It seems there were no conflicts. Here is a new patch against the current CVS: