* followup won't go to list that uses MFT
@ 2006-01-06 21:06 Ted Stern
From: Ted Stern @ 2006-01-06 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am subscribed to several mailing lists (including this one).  In
each of these, I set the to-list and to-address parameters to the list
address.  In all of the lists, except one, followups go to the list.

In one group, however, all messages contain the Mail-Followup-To:
header.  In that particular group, 'a' will send to the group, but
followups go only to the original poster.

BTW, this wouldn't have even come up if I could get nntp to tunnel
through my socks5 proxy, because then I could read the group on
gmane.

Is there some other group parameter I need to set to respect the MFT
header?

Thanks,

Ted
--
 dodecatheon at gmail dot com
 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break so that I may reveal

* Re: followup won't go to list that uses MFT
@ 2006-01-11 18:49 ` Ted Stern
From: Ted Stern @ 2006-01-11 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On  6 Jan 2006 at 13:06 UTC-0800, Ted Stern wrote:
> I am subscribed to several mailing lists (including this one).  In
> each of these, I set the to-list and to-address parameters to the list
> address.  In all of the lists, except one, followups go to the list.
>
> In one group, however, all messages contain the Mail-Followup-To:
> header.  In that particular group, 'a' will send to the group, but
> followups go only to the original poster.
>
> BTW, this wouldn't have even come up if I could get nntp to tunnel
> through my socks5 proxy, because then I could read the group on
> gmane.
>
> Is there some other group parameter I need to set to respect the MFT
> header?
>
> Thanks,

I've worked around this problem with indirect nntp to gmane.org, using
rlogin-then-telnet and ssh.

Ted