* Group parameter for automatic CC to an address
@ 2006-06-15 22:15 Ted Stern
From: Ted Stern @ 2006-06-15 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have some groups that contain forwards from web email accounts.
When replying in those groups, I want to have an automatic CC to that
email account.  The effect (because of forwarding) will be that I'm
Gcc'ing to the group, with the difference that I will be able to also
see my response from my web email account.  This is Gmail I'm talking
about, but that shouldn't be relevant.

There should be a simple Group customization option, but there isn't.
I'm using CVS Gnus & CVS Emacs (a couple of weeks old).

Ted
--
 dodecatheon at gmail dot com
 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break so that I may reveal

* Re: Group parameter for automatic CC to an address
@ 2006-06-15 23:09 ` Andreas Seltenreich
From: Andreas Seltenreich @ 2006-06-15 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Stern <dodecatheon@gmail.com> writes:

> There should be a simple Group customization option, but there isn't.
> I'm using CVS Gnus & CVS Emacs (a couple of weeks old).

Are you aware of the posting-style group parameter? If I understood
you correctly, the following group parameters should do the trick:

    ((posting-style
      (Cc "foo@bar.invalid")))

regards,
andreas

* Re: Group parameter for automatic CC to an address
@ 2006-06-16 18:32   ` Ted Stern
From: Ted Stern @ 2006-06-16 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 15 Jun 2006 16:09:38 -0700, Andreas Seltenreich wrote:

> Ted Stern <dodecatheon@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> There should be a simple Group customization option, but there isn't.
>> I'm using CVS Gnus & CVS Emacs (a couple of weeks old).
>
> Are you aware of the posting-style group parameter? If I understood
> you correctly, the following group parameters should do the trick:
>
>     ((posting-style
>       (Cc "foo@bar.invalid")))
>
> regards,
> andreas

No, I was not aware!  I have other posting-style settings in my .gnus,
so I added the (Cc ...) field for some groups, and for others I
changed the group parameters as you suggested.  Works perfectly.

Thanks Andreas!