* Another proposal about `mml-parse'.
@ 2000-12-23  2:15 Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2000-12-23  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

In thinking about how I'd like to use the `mml-parse' function within
`mml-secure-part', it occurs to me that it would be useful to make use
of another entry within structure that `mml-parse' returns in addition
to `sign', `encrypt', and `contents'.  I'd like to propose that along
with `contents' there be an entry named `location' or something
similar, whose value would be the point at which the mml tag appears
within the message buffer.

With this piece of information, it would then be very easy to use
`mml-parse' to locate the `#part' tags that contain the mml directives
that separate the message buffer, thereby making it easy to alter or
delete these tags, if desired.  Since `mml-parse-1' (the helper
function for `mml-parse') already knows the exact points at which the
mml tags exist, it seems to me that it would be very easy for this
extra `location' information to be added to the results of
`mml-parse'.

Thoughts?

By the way, I forgot to mention this in my previous message concerning
`mml-parse': I'm planning to make all the changes I'm discussing here,
after I get feedback from all of you; and then I'll post the patches
here.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com