From: Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com>
Subject: No longer can enter groups! (Re: Pterodactyl Gnus v0.82 is released)
Date: 17 Apr 1999 20:24:54 -0400	[thread overview]

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:

> Lots of patches incorporated.
>
> Get it from <URL:http://quimby.gnus.org/dist/pgnus.tar.gz> or
> "/ftp@quimby.gnus.org:/pub/gnus/".  The patch is available as
> <URL:ftp://quimby.gnus.org/pub/gnus/ding-patches/pgnus-0.81-0.82.diff.gz>.
>
> [ ... ]

I have just installed pgnus-0.82 after having been running pgnus-0.81.
Everything runs fine when I use version 0.81, but in 0.82, I cannot
enter any groups, even when they are listed in the Group buffer as
having unread articles.  I try to enter the group (via the spacebar or
the enter key), and a message comes out at the bottom of the screen
saying that the expiry process is taking place, and then the group is
not entered with the cursor moving down to the next group with unread
articles.  The unread article count remains the same after this
happens.

In my group customization buffer, I have the expiry set to "Never"
on some of the groups, and to a time period on some of the others.
This doesn't seem to have any effect, one way or the other, on this
behavior.

In order to do anything in any of my groups (including to post this
message) I have had to roll back to 0.81.

By the way, I'm running XEmacs-21.2beta4 under RedHat Linux 5.0,
if that makes any difference.

Any ideas?

--
 Lloyd Zusman