From: Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com>
Subject: Re: Scanning of nnimap groups during gnus-group-get-new-news?
Date: 15 Aug 2000 21:08:31 -0400	[thread overview]

> On 11 Aug 2000, Lloyd Zusman wrote:
>
> > Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:

> >> Make sure that your nnimap groups are on a lower level than
> >> `gnus-save-killed-list'.
> >
> > [ ... ]
>
> I think that Lars means gnus-level-killed, which appears to be 9 by
> default.

Ah ... OK.  Well, my nnimap groups are indeed on a lower level than
`gnus-level-killed'.  It's 9 for me by default and my nnimap group is
at level 2.  So unfortunately, this does not seem to be the cause
of the problem.  :(

After having posted my original query about this, I later posted a
patch here for `nnimap.el' that was a variation on a patch for this
problem that was given to me by Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org>.
My variation fixed my problem.

However, despite the fact that I have posted this patch here at least
once more than a month ago, and also at least once to Mr. Josefsson
privately, no one has commented on it and it hasn't shown up in the
CVS tree, at least not since the last time I checked.

Should I repost the patch here for comment and review?

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com