From: Andy Eskilsson <flognat@fukt.hk-r.se>
Cc: ding@ifi.uio.no
Subject: Re: CFP: Call For Proofreaders Well here comes some small comments
Date: 17 Sep 1996 09:19:15 +0200	[thread overview]

Have here collected three thoughts.

First looks of the manual.. The complete gnuses, starting chapters
doesn't look too good, one of the legs is just a thin line, is it
something that went wrong in my printout messing or is it a bug??

The gnus on the cover page looks god, while the gnusae on the
chapter-beginning pages doesn't look too good.

I don't know.. but just a feeling.. The layout for a chapter is
something like:

-----------------  <New page>
Starting gnus + gnu
-----------------  <New page>
Blah Blah
1.1 finding the news
blah blah

While a person with my perversions would preferr something like

-----------------  <New page>
Starting gnus + gnu
-----------------  <New page>
1 Starting gnus
Blah Blah
1.1 finding the news
blah blah

I miss the '1 blah' heading.. dunno know if it is healthy or? Thats
why I am asking you. What I don't like is the first text after the
frontpage it feels loose not having a heading abouve it..

And the third thought the frontpage to the chapters... maybe try to
vary the gnu-picture so it matches the topic.. starting gnus: a gnus
with a handle such found in chainsaws/old machines to cut the grass
with (whats their name?) wroom wroom.. select methods: a couple of
gnuae with a crosshair selecting one of them..

And maybe even having some nifty words that might match the topic of
the chapter, the who seeketh should findeth uhm well we all know where
that1 cam from :-), "You can observe a lot by just watching" Yogi
Bear, maybe even bake in some sublimal netiquette without the user
even noticing?? :-)

Just my 58öre, and I will crawl back into my cave and read the docs :-)

	/Andy

p.s. BTW about the gnus in the borders of the paper, what do they
symbolise? Look here one more time or just something to get us
confused?? :-)

--
 Hi I am an alien .sig, and at the moment I am having sex to your
 mind, by looking at your smile I can see that you like it.

 Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
 See <http://www.fukt.hk-r.se/~flognat/mail/> for more info.