* Creating and subscirbing to goups. Sgnus 0.26
@ 1996-01-10 13:03 Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1996-01-10 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Today I discovered I wanted to subscribe to a killed group from my
local newsserver. Well lets go, A k, find the groups, type u for those
I want.

The letter at the left border changed to a blank from K, well I press
'l' to get back to the normal group view, no sign of the newly
subscribed groups... nothing in the zombie buffer, and no new
groups when I press 'L'.

Exit emacs, restart gnus, no sign of the groups :-( they can be found
in my .newsrc.eld like:

("comp.os.msdos.apps" 3 nil) ("comp.os.msdos.misc" 3 nil)
("comp.sys.laptops" 3 nil)

I have the same problem with a nnfolder group I have created, I can
copy articles to it (B c), it can also be found in the .newsrc.eld
file as: ("nnfolder:arkiv.skoj.gz" 3 nil nil (nnfolder ""))

Anyone else than me having this problem?

	/andy
--
 Don't walk in front of me, I might be unable to follow you.
 Don't walk after me, I might be unable to lead you.

* Re: Creating and subscirbing to goups. Sgnus 0.26
       [not found]     ` <lu423kiu7.fsf@osfstats.health.gov.il>
@ 1996-01-10 18:30       ` Aharon (Al) Schkolnik
From: Aharon (Al) Schkolnik @ 1996-01-10 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: mpt95aes

--

@ 1996-01-10 17:09   ` Andy Eskilsson
       [not found]     ` <lu423kiu7.fsf@osfstats.health.gov.il>
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1996-01-10 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

/ jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu (Jack Vinson) wrote:

| [...] Try toggling back to regular Group mode and
| see if the new groups aren't at the bottom of the group listing.  Toggle
| back, and they should be under the Gnus topic and you can enter or move
| them as you see fit.

Toggled, added the groups to a topic, toggled back, and now it works
:-) but now I seem to have two draft groups.. argh.

@ 1996-01-10 13:59 ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1996-01-10 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

AE> Today I discovered I wanted to subscribe to a killed group from my
AE> local newsserver. Well lets go, A k, find the groups, type u for those
AE> I want.

AE> The letter at the left border changed to a blank from K, well I press
AE> 'l' to get back to the normal group view, no sign of the newly
AE> subscribed groups... nothing in the zombie buffer, and no new
AE> groups when I press 'L'.

Yes, I've seen this too.  Are you using Topic, by any chance?  It looks
like the group gets stuck in limbo if you do not move it explicitly into a
topic.  Actually, it gets stuck in the Gnus root topic even though it
doesn't always show up there.  Try toggling back to regular Group mode and
see if the new groups aren't at the bottom of the group listing.  Toggle
back, and they should be under the Gnus topic and you can enter or move
them as you see fit.

So, the problem is that in Topic mode newly subscribed groups do not remain
in the Group listing on running gnus-group-list(-all)-groups.

--
Jack Vinson                   jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu
"Narf!" - Pinky               <http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/home.html>