* Hmm xref's..
@ 1997-04-15 12:25 Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1997-04-15 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Something is very fishy here.. or..??

I have a bunch of newsgroups from two servers under a topic called
misc2, I also have a score-file called misc2 that I have associated to
this topic, and it effectively lowers the score on all articles
crossposted (by xref).. on one server... (news.solace.mh.se)

On the other server.. (smarti2.smartworld.net) the articles isn't
affected, they still have the score 0, but when I trace the score, it
shows me:

("[^:
]+:[0-9]+ +[^:
]+:[0-9]+ +[^:
]+:[0-9]+ +[^:
]+:[0-9]+ +[^:
]+:[0-9]+ +[^:
]+:[0-9]+" -1 nil r)  ->  all.SCORE
("[^:
]+:[0-9]+ +[^:
]+:[0-9]+ +[^:
]+:[0-9]+ +[^:
]+:[0-9]+ +[^:
]+:[0-9]+ +[^:
]+:[0-9]+" -1000 nil r)  ->  misc2.SCORE

But the score of the article is 0.. is it that smarti2 doesn't have
xrefs?? the header-line Xref is there.. something else I have missed?

	/Andy

--
 Hi I am an alien .sig, and at the moment I am having sex to your
 mind, by looking at your smile I can see that you like it.

 Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
 See <http://www.fukt.hk-r.se/~flognat/mail/> for more info.

* Re: Hmm xref's..
@ 1997-04-15 21:58 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-04-15 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andy Eskilsson <flognat@fukt.hk-r.se> writes:

> Well after some browsing I discovered that the xref header wasn't
> included in the overview database on smarti *grumble*
>
> But the score-trace is a bit weird..

When you read articles, Gnus will (the sneak that it is) peek at the
actual headers of the articles and add the Xrefs header found there,
if any.  So the score trace will be different on an article before you
read it and after you read it if your nntp server doesn't include the
Xrefs header in the .overview files.

> BTW How do you check what headers dnews returns??

Jump to the " *nntpd*" (note leading space) buffer.

* re: Hmm xref's..
@ 1997-04-15 12:42 Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1997-04-15 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)