* bbdb, Umlauts, pgnus-0.79 and emacs-20.2
@ 1999-03-05 13:23 Johannes Weinert
From: Johannes Weinert @ 1999-03-05 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I don't know if this is reportable, because the behaviour I describe
only appears with emacs-20.2. I can't reproduce it on emacs-20.3. I
even don't know if this is the right place, but the problem I describe
below does not exist under semi-gnus or gnus-5.7.

However, I experienced the following Bug with bbdb-2.00.xx, pgnus-0.79
and emacs-20.2:
I read an article of someone who had "Umlauts" in his real name. Lets
say the name is "Max Schäfer". Then bbdb only recognizes the name "Max
Sch".

If anyone has a solution, please let me know, because I have to use
emacs-20.2 here.

Thanks

--
Hans