* Trouble with certain nnfolder groups
@ 1999-09-29  4:08 Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 1999-09-29  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use procmail to deliver my mail to files in a certain directory. My
setup is:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnfolder ""))
      nnfolder-directory "~/mail/"
      mail-sources
      '((directory :path "~/mail/spool" :suffix "" )))

Everything works except for the fact that whenever I start up 2 of the
nnfolder groups are always displayed in the following way in my
*Group* buffer:

        *    0: nnfolder:661
        *    0: nnfolder:303

(My group-line-format is "%S%p%P%5y%5T: %(%g%)%l\n".) If I enter the
group then things work like they should. I just don't get any
information about these 2 groups in the *Group* buffer. I've tried
nnfolder-generate-active-file but that doesn't help.

My active file looks like:

eCommerce 304 276 y
ding 1022 460 y
Saved 76 1 y
Misc 424 407 y
MTS 90 1 y
JHU 1 1 y
Inbox 106 7 y
303 4 2 y
mail.misc 19 1 y
661 3 2 y
Archive 319 181 y
CBL 28 27 y
Cc 52 42 y
DMANET 192 12 y
Sent 41 1 y

Any hints as to what might be amiss? I'm using pgnus 0.97 on XEmacs
20.4.

Thanks,

-Nevin

* Re: Trouble with certain nnfolder groups
@ 1999-09-29 10:08 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-09-29 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

One potential problem is the group level.  Type `S l' and compare
these two groups with the other groups.

And you might wish to compare `G e' on the groups -- is it different
for the two?

As a last resort, `G E' might turn up useful info.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.

* Re: Trouble with certain nnfolder groups
@ 1999-09-29 17:47 ` Justin Sheehy
From: Justin Sheehy @ 1999-09-29 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:

> Everything works except for the fact that whenever I start up 2 of the
> nnfolder groups are always displayed in the following way in my
> *Group* buffer:
>
>         *    0: nnfolder:661
>         *    0: nnfolder:303

I don't think that Gnus can nicely handle all-numeric group names.

-Justin

* Re: Trouble with certain nnfolder groups
@ 1999-09-30  8:22   ` Lee Willis
From: Lee Willis @ 1999-09-30  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Justin Sheehy <dworkin@ccs.neu.edu> writes:

> Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:
>
> > Everything works except for the fact that whenever I start up 2 of the
> > nnfolder groups are always displayed in the following way in my
> > *Group* buffer:
> >
> >         *    0: nnfolder:661
> >         *    0: nnfolder:303
>
> I don't think that Gnus can nicely handle all-numeric group names.

Should be OK if you're using purely nnfolder IIRC, it's only when you
use nnml that you have problems ...

Course it's not recommended, and I could be wrong but ...
Lee.
--
I was doing object-oriented assembly at 1 year old ...
For some reason my mom insists on calling it "Playing with blocks"