* WIBNI
@ 1999-10-11 15:37 Lee Willis
From: Lee Willis @ 1999-10-11 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oops, here we go again. I currently have the following group-parameters
in several of my groups ...

((expiry-wait . 2))

Which works wondefully in the sense that everything over two days old
gets expired. Fine and dandy except I have some groups where I'd like it
to expire everything except the most recent x number of messages. That
way I limit the mailboxes size regardless of how busy the list has been,
more for my convenience than any disk usage concerns but it's be a nice
thought.

Perhaps

((expiry-max . 50)) or ((expiry-wait . "#50"))  ??

Thoughts?

Lee.
--
I was doing object-oriented assembly at 1 year old ...
For some reason my mom insists on calling it "Playing with blocks"

* WIBNI
@ 1999-07-14  9:52 Lee Willis
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Lee Willis @ 1999-07-14  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just a thought here ...

Wouldn't it be nice if we could specify filters for certain MIME types.
What I was specifically thinking of was this:

When someone sends me a message with a MS Word Document as an
attachment, I'd like to able to specify that attachments of that type
(application/ms-word??) get passed to "mswordview %s -o -" which outputs
HTML on it's standard out, which then gets inserted into the article
buffer and treated as text/html.

ie I'd need to configure the four values

MIME type            Filter       Args   Output type
"application/msword" "mswordview" "-o -" "text/html"

And he presto I get W3 rendering a copy of the word document as HTML in
the article buffer.

You could also do similar things to convert all images to something your
Xemacs could handle etc. etc.  The list goes on. Not sure how you'd do
this or how it would apply to multipart/alternatives. Plus I think you'd
also have to able to do it based on attachment file name since word
documents commonly come as application/octet-stream.

Just a thought ... Anyone else find this useful?

Lee.
PS. nnslashdot sounds cool :)