On Wed, Oct 04 2017, Eric Abrahamsen wrote: Hi Eric, > I've been very slowly reading the Gnus code base, and looking at how to > go about doing some refactoring, cleanups, and a few new features. I > wrote a roadmap which I'm attaching here -- it's not so much an actual > roadmap as a collection of possible changes, as a starting point for > argument. It's also not meant to be a mini bug tracker in Org -- my idea > was that if any of the ideas looked like they were going to be > acceptable, the todo items would turn into real bug reports on debbugs. As a former regular Gnus contributor and as a current and long time Gnus user, I want to give you my blessing. :-) They are definitively ton of little code improvement you can make. All of this technical debt reduction will lead to a better Gnus and a better development future, so yes please! I don't know how true it is nowadays, but a lot of what was blocking improvement back then was support for old Emacs version and XEmacs support. Now that Gnus is in Emacs source tree, I imagine that might not applies anymore, so, lucky you! :) -- Julien Danjou # Free Software hacker # https://julien.danjou.info