* Latest gnus mixup separate IMAP servers
@ 2010-09-08  8:46 Bjørn Mork
From: Bjørn Mork @ 2010-09-08  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Looks like some of the recent changes makes gnus confuse different IMAP
servers.  Opening the INBOX of one server shows the other, and existing
marks are messed up.

Bjørn

* Re: Latest gnus mixup separate IMAP servers
@ 2010-09-08 16:47 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-09-08 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> writes:

> Looks like some of the recent changes makes gnus confuse different IMAP
> servers.  Opening the INBOX of one server shows the other, and existing
> marks are messed up.

Huh.  I didn't think any of the nnimap cleanups I did before deciding to
do a rewrite instead would have any functional effect.  Anybody else
seeing this?

* Re: Latest gnus mixup separate IMAP servers
@ 2010-09-08 18:11   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2010-09-08 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Huh.  I didn't think any of the nnimap cleanups I did before deciding
> to do a rewrite instead would have any functional effect.  Anybody
> else seeing this?

I have only a single server right now.

* Re: Latest gnus mixup separate IMAP servers
@ 2010-09-08 19:12   ` Austin F. Frank
From: Austin F. Frank @ 2010-09-08 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wed, Sep 08 2010, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> writes:

>> Looks like some of the recent changes makes gnus confuse different
>> IMAP servers.  Opening the INBOX of one server shows the other, and
>> existing marks are messed up.

> Huh.  I didn't think any of the nnimap cleanups I did before deciding
> to do a rewrite instead would have any functional effect.  Anybody
> else seeing this?

I've just added a second IMAP server for the first time, so this could
be user error instead of problems with the recent changes.

I'm seeing a strange problem where my nnimap-split-rule is being applied
to folders on the wrong server.

#v+
(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
             '(nnimap "serverA"
                      (nnimap-address "mail.serverA.com")
                      (nnimap-stream ssl)))

(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
             '(nnimap "serverB"
                      (nnimap-address "mail.serverB.com")
                      (nnimap-stream ssl)))

(setq nnimap-split-rule
      '(("serverA" ("INBOX" nnimap-split-fancy)))
      nnimap-split-fancy
      '(any "\\.edu" "mail.academic"))
#v-

With this setup, I'm seeing mail from serverB being sorted into
nnimap+serverB:mail.academic, which I don't actually want to happen.

Any hints on how to diagnose whether this is my fault or related to
recent changes?

Thanks,
/au

--
Austin Frank
http://aufrank.net

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 194 bytes --]

* Re: Latest gnus mixup separate IMAP servers
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-09-10 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

"Austin F. Frank" <austin.frank@gmail.com> writes:

> Any hints on how to diagnose whether this is my fault or related to
> recent changes?

It has to be related to the recent changes.

I started reimplementing nnimap this evening, so I haven't really looked
into the problems with the current version.  The new version now has the
basics in place, so I expect it to be usable in a couple of days.