* [Q] gnus/message bonus utility package ?
@ 2015-11-18 21:50 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2015-11-18 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I used to use a "bonus" mode years ago which permitted thing like:

- inserting diff, patches
- inserting sisors to delimit an interesting part for a message
- inserting output from `describe-variable', etc.

I can't remember the name of this mode, does someone else know ?

Regards

-- Xavier.

* Re: [Q] gnus/message bonus utility package ?
@ 2015-11-18 21:58 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2015-11-18 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Xavier writes:

> - inserting diff, patches
> - inserting sisors to delimit an interesting part for a message

I don't know about these.

> - inserting output from `describe-variable', etc.

Could you be thinking about boxquote.el here?

,----[ C-h f boxquote-describe-variable RET ]
| boxquote-describe-variable is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
| `boxquote.el'.
|
| (boxquote-describe-variable)
|
| Call `describe-variable' and boxquote the output into the current buffer.
`----

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Tom Cruise came into my work today."                        Adam Sjøgren
 "Who is Tom Cruise?"                                    asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: [Q] gnus/message bonus utility package ?
@ 2015-11-19  9:08 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-11-19  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wednesday, 18 Nov 2015 at 22:50, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used to use a "bonus" mode years ago which permitted thing like:
>
> - inserting diff, patches
> - inserting sisors to delimit an interesting part for a message

This one is available in message mode:

,----[ C-h f message-mark-inserted-region RET ]

`----

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.5.1 + Ma Gnus v0.14 + evil-git-ff74cfb

* Re: [Q] gnus/message bonus utility package ?
@ 2015-11-19 21:19   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2015-11-19 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> On Wednesday, 18 Nov 2015 at 22:50, Xavier Maillard wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I used to use a "bonus" mode years ago which permitted thing like:
>>
>> - inserting diff, patches
>> - inserting sisors to delimit an interesting part for a message
>
> This one is available in message mode:
>
> ,----[ C-h f message-mark-inserted-region RET ]

Sounds good for this case. Thanks.

From: Xavier Maillard @ 2015-11-19 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Xavier writes:
>
>> - inserting diff, patches
>> - inserting sisors to delimit an interesting part for a message
>
> I don't know about these.
>
>> - inserting output from `describe-variable', etc.
>
> Could you be thinking about boxquote.el here?

Yes, boxquote ! Is it still maintained ?

@ 2015-11-19 21:46     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2015-11-19 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Xavier writes:

> Yes, boxquote ! Is it still maintained ?

I don't know, but version 1.4 (2009) from the emacs-goodies-el package
in Debian continues to work as advertised for me.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "The tendency for larkiness in this place is                 Adam Sjøgren
  deplorable."                                           asjo@koldfront.dk