* Re: Reminding me where I've posted - feature speculation
@ 1996-09-27  1:30 ` Robert Nicholson
From: Robert Nicholson @ 1996-09-27  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

I'm not sure how you'd do this but as far as being aware of followups
you can set SCORING on references etc.

Also, if you archived your posts the newsgroups header will be
complete and you can revisit that folder.

--
                  "Under the circumstances I will sit down."
            (PGP key: send email with Subject: request pgp key)

* Reminding me where I've posted - feature speculation
@ 1996-09-27  4:51 Ed Donovan
From: Ed Donovan @ 1996-09-27  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd be happy if Gnus would mark the groups in which I've recently shot
my mouth off.  Say, for some configurable number of days or sessions.  I
keep quite a few more groups than I read each day, and need to think
(oh, the pain) about where I have to duck in to finish what I've
started.

Does this interest anyone else?  I have to run it in a terminal, and so
would have to ask for some mark, rather that just a face.

Thanks,

--
Ed Donovan				edonovan@world.std.com

* Re: Reminding me where I've posted - feature speculation
@ 1996-09-27 17:16 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-09-27 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ed Donovan <edonovan@world.std.com> writes:

> I'd be happy if Gnus would mark the groups in which I've recently shot
> my mouth off.  Say, for some configurable number of days or sessions.  I
> keep quite a few more groups than I read each day, and need to think
> (oh, the pain) about where I have to duck in to finish what I've
> started.

This could be a possibility.  It's easy enough to add...  Hm... Just
lots of typing, I guess.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Reminding me where I've posted - feature speculation
@ 1996-09-29  7:18   ` Ed Donovan
From: Ed Donovan @ 1996-09-29  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes:

 > This could be a possibility.  It's easy enough to add...  Hm... Just
 > lots of typing, I guess.

Well, I could shelve it for now, then; no one else has been interested.
It'd be great to work on it myself, but I'm too slow-going to figure it
out in the time available right now. :-(  (yeah, yeah...)

--

Ed Donovan			edonovan@world.std.com