From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
Subject: Re: Something very wrong here
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 15:47:47 -0700	[thread overview]

>> I didn't get to try the patch but I see it is part of todays cvs so
>> instead I reupped my cvs and byte compiled the new el files.
>
> No, I don't think the patch is part of CVS.

Yikes, I should have looked a little closer but the nnml.el line in
todays cvs are almost identical.  Of course that is what patches are
all about.  So duly patched byte compiled and restarted.

The bad news is I see no difference.  The ghosts are still there.

> How do procmail generate a nnml group?  Does it do everything Gnus
> does to create a nnml group?  This may very well be the cause of the
> problem.

Nothing tricky... I just meant in the normal way.  That is, I have a
procmail spool directory where all incoming messages go to a file
named `prinb.in'.  Gnus slurps from that file and puts the messages in
nnml group `prinb'.  That is where the difficulty is occuring.

So that nnml group is not made by hand nor is it a product of the
nnmail split.  It is generated from a procmail spool file.  From this
code:

(setq nnmail-use-procmail t)
(setq mail-sources
        '((directory :path "/home/reader/spool/"
                   :suffix ".in")))

> Try the patch first.

Didn't seem to help.

> The simple steps to edebugging is to type M-x edebug-defun RET when
> standing on the function to debug (by loading the corresponding .el
> file), then use Gnus, and then press SPC to step through the code once
> the edebug window is shown.  Press `e' to evaluate variables.

OK, thanks... working on that now.